Oversight & Advocacy: At Its Core
The Oversight and Advocacy Committee is empowered to recommend changes to the Student Activity Fee and investigate all other student fees to ensure that they are spent in such a way as to provide maximum benefit to students.
Members of the Oversight and Advocacy Committee
Oversight and Advocacy Committee Chair: Wil Wiener email@example.com
Vice Chair Alayna Powell firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Dede Benissan email@example.com
Senator Corry Dauderman firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Samuel Gee email@example.com
Senator Josh Greene firstname.lastname@example.org
Powers of the Oversight and Advocacy Committee
- Receive and address and grievances, injustices, complaints, and ideas of Undergraduate Students
- Maintain a petition webpage in which students may submit any and all suggestions
- Meet periodically with Senatorial external appointments to provide Senatorial oversight and communication with various Undergraduate Student Government boards.
- Have the authority to review Undergraduate Student Fees as needed
- Confirm all student referenda pertaining to issues neither under the purview of the Finance Committee or the Rules and Judiciary Committee;
- Meet periodically with Senior Members and Committee (co-) Chairs and Vice-Chairs of the Executive Branch and external appointments made by the USG President to increase dialogue and collaboration across Student Government
- Send the Oversight and Advocacy Committee Chair as a representative of UNC-CH to UNC-ASG.
Oversight and Advocacy Committee Meetings for Fall 2019
*All meetings begin at 7pm, unless otherwise noted*
|Oversight and Advocacy Committee Meeting Dates||Room Reserved|
Below is a link for the agenda for each Oversight and Advocacy Committee Meeting this term:
Minutes for Oversight and Advocacy Committee Meetings
Below is a link for the minutes for each Oversight and Advocacy Committee Meeting this term:
Attendance Records for Oversight and Advocacy Meetings